- About Us
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Planning
- Estate Planning
- Life Goals
- Business Succession Planning
- Roth IRA Conversion
- The Planning Process
- Financial Glossary
Companies of Focus
- Lab Employees
Oil Company Employees
- Chevron Newsletters
- How Personality Can Affect Performance
- Addressing Financial Planning Issues - Back to Basics
- 11 Financial Resolutions for 2011
- Midyear Review
- 5 Risks To Your Retirement Savings
- Retiring From Chevron - The Risk You Didn't Realize
- A Retirement Savings Tool You Might Be Missing
- Planning for a Long Retirement
- Roth IRA Conversions - a Golden Opportunity
- Demystifying IRA Distributions
- Simplifying Your Retirement From Chevron
- Plan Today for Retirement Tomorrow
- Managing Your Cash Flow in Retirement
- Budgeting to Retire
- Investment Risk - There's No Escaping It!
- Lessons Learned from the Market
- The Folly of Market Timing
- Dollar Cost Averaging
- Budgeting the College Lifestyle
- Fitting College Funding Strategies into your Overall Picture
- Five Ways to Cover College Tuition
- Teaching Children About Money
- Checking Up On Your Estate Plan
- Prepare Your Estate Plan for Changes in Tax Rules
- Covering All Bases for Timely Estate Planning
- Determining the Need for Disability Income Insurance
- The Hidden Cost of Health Insurance
- The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Get Yourself in Tip-Top Tax Shape
- Think Twice About Your ESIP
- Talking Taxes
- Year End Tax List
- How Inflation Affects You
- Now That The Election's All Over
- The Flows in Your Plan
- How to Handle a Financial Windfall
- Dealing with Restructuring
- The Costs of Living Longer
- Tech Company Employees
- Client Center
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to a few questions we are commonly asked:
What services do you offer?
We do comprehensive financial planning for our clients which includes retirement planning, investment planning, education planning, estate planning, business owner planning and tax reduction strategies. We are not real estate agents, mortgage brokers, accountants, attorneys, or stockbrokers; but if your situation warrants it, we can refer you to someone who is.
How are you compensated? How will I pay for your services?
We do fee-based financial planning and are additionally compensated when we help our clients implement the strategies we outline in their plan. We are happy to cover our compensation more in depth in a one-on-one initial consultation.
What financial institution(s) do you represent?
We shop the entire marketplace on behalf of our clients to find the best financial products for them. We have access to thousands of mutual funds and the leading fifty insurance carriers. This enables us to recommend products that provide the best value to our clients.
What is your experience? How many clients do you currently manage?
Our team employs financial planners with varying degrees of experience (including some who have been in the business over 25 years) and a wealth of financial knowledge. Our clients come from a wide variety of backgrounds and have their own unique financial goals and needs.
How do I know you're making recommendations in my best interests?
We have an obligation to our clients to make objective recommendations in your best interests, not ours. We are held to ethical and compliance standards.
Do you make commissions?
Our focus is to help you with strategies that are right for you rather than make a commission by selling you products. Other firms have "advisors" who are really salespeople looking for a commission.
What kind of ongoing service do you provide?
We meet with our clients quarterly to evaluate changes in their situation and propose appropriate changes to their strategy.
How much risk should I be willing to take?
Risk depends on a variety of factors including your age, cash flow requirements, and retirement goals, among others. We are happy to examine your financial situation to determine how much risk tolerance is appropriate for you.
How long does the process of rolling over a 401(k) plan usually take?
Rolling over a 401 (k) is a quick and easy process. Making sure the assets you've rolled over is a life-long process we are happy to help with.
Do you provide a free initial consultation?
There is no charge for the initial consultation meeting.
Why should I work with you?
We work to help meet our clients' financial goals by delivering objective, strategic and prudent advice designed to preserve, grow and transfer our clients' assets. We use our proven defined process to produce a customized financial plan which contains specific findings and recommendations regarding our clients' current situation and implement the strategies outlined in the plan.